So I'm type A. I won't deny it or be ashamed. Type A's are the movers and shakers. We handle business. We get shit done.
If a little is great, then more must be better, right? I always thought so until I found my life looking like an episode of House not long ago: I'm young (ish) , and seem to be in great health, but I think I'm dying. I'm sure of it.
3 trips to the ER and 2 to the cardiologist assure me that I'm indeed not needing to plan a funeral yet. Just stressed. Yep! Stressed! Well, doc , we all have stress. This is ridiculous and I'm obviously insane…unless there's some science to back this up.
Oh, thank Goodwellness there is!
• Long periods of stress cause the body's natural checks and balances to turn off, flooding the nervous system with stress hormones that it cannot process properly.
• Increased Stress hormones = rapid heart rate, slower metabolism ( because our body is worried about running from a cheetah NOT digesting lunch) , disrupted sleep, foggy thinking, irritability, and the feeling of being "tired but wired"
Anyone recognize these symptoms? I'm willing to bet a lot of you do. We don't often talk about it, except for jokingly commiserating about how "busy" life is. The BUSY is the problem. It turns out that while we ARE built to handle the stress of being chased by a cheetah, we are NOT designed to withstand the modern day endless to-do lists and carpool runs. The constant stream of the news and social media is a stressor that is unique to our time in history…we gotta keep up with the Joneses on Facebook, right?
So how to we combat this?
I've been working with Cyndie on our Hormonal Balance Program. In a nutshell, I'm
• NOT HAVING PANIC ATTACKS
• Working out smarter and waaaaaaaay less
• Not counting calories
• Spending more time relaxing
• Dropping inches every week
So I'm truly passionate about our approach here to total wellness.
Please let us know if we can help you achieve a more balanced YOU!